Western Digital starts selling 44TB of external HDD storage for $1,100 - fivenewscrypto
Terkini Populer Kategori
Headline
Loading...

mercredi 15 février 2023

Western Digital starts selling 44TB of external HDD storage for $1,100

Western Digital starts selling 44TB of external HDD storage for $1,100
mercredi 15 février 2023
Western Digital My Book Duo

Enlarge / Western Digital's My Book Duo has two 3.5-inch HDDs inside. (credit: Western Digital)

Western Digital today announced bigger-capacity versions of its My Book and dual-drive My Book Duo external hard disk drives (HDDs). The new 22TB and 44TB offerings represent some of the roomiest consumer offerings the company has ever offered.

Targeting people needing large-scale options and prioritizing price per GB over speed, the new external storage devices consist of one (in the case of the 22TB My Book) or two (My Book Duo) 3.5-inch drives. Western Digital's announcement today said the 22TB My Book is its "highest capacity consumer drive ever," but, as noted by Tom's Hardware, the company started selling 22TB network-attached storage (NAS) drives ($400 MSRP as of writing) in July. But with the My Book line offering the components neatly packed into an enclosure and ready to live on top of a desk as backup storage, the series has broader appeal.

The My Book Duo, which Western Digital had already been selling in 16TB to 36TB capacities, also adds ports to your setup. It has a USB-C port supporting up to 5Gbps for connecting to systems and also gives you two USB-A ports.

Read 5 remaining paragraphs | Comments


Share with your friends

Add your opinion
Disqus comments

Ads Auto